Analyst/Senior Analyst Market Strategies
Market Strategies at AVIA is responsible for bringing the strategic needs of health systems, an understanding of the market, and knowledge of emerging technologies together to set AVIA’s innovation agenda. Network health systems expect a ‘view’ on where and when to act that is current, practical, personalized, and demonstrates deep rigor in understanding the fundamentals.
Analysts at AVIA are responsible for primary and secondary research on healthcare providers’ needs and the technology solutions that address these needs, as well as trends, finance, and policy framing a problem. Analysts must have a deep passion for improving healthcare and will quickly be immersed in multiple client engagements and research initiatives. Given AVIA’s growth, we are looking to add new Analysts to our Chicago-based team.
- Market research: Research market trends in healthcare, technology, health finance and policy. Synthesize from many sources to identify implications of market intelligence for prior and future cohort topics and other AVIA products. Become “the person who has a pulse on the market.”
- Provider services: Analysts embody the AVIA ethos of service excellence. Analysts build understanding of client challenges/priorities and performance requirements and support client interactions and presentations including executive level steering committees and discussions.
- Company research: Research innovative tech-enabled solutions companies, including product demos and management team conversations. Identify segments within a solution space and the varying functionalities offered by technologies in each segment. Conduct due diligence and initial screenings of digital health, care delivery, and operations companies to support the priorities of network health systems, innovation competitions AVIA supports, conferences. Become a “tech companies expert.”
- Knowledge management and project management: Organize firm knowledge about companies and trends in a consistent, scalable way. Bring a high level of organization and strong ability to communicate. Manage day-to-day aspects of projects with AVIA clients in order to ensure the execution of high-quality and timely work products.
- Deliverable creation: Analysts are responsible for synthesizing and distilling information and identifying action. Analysts will analyze both quantitative and qualitative information and develop deliverables for clients (for example, presentations, value calculations, briefs).
Requirements and Attributes
AVIA sets the bar high. Our team is passionate about understanding fundamental drivers of problems and solutions. For the analyst role, we expect:
- BS/BA degree
- 2+ years of post-graduation work experience
- Experience/understanding of tech or health systems a plus
- Ability to identify signal in the noise; ability to synthesize information from disparate sources and identify the interrelationships and dependencies
- Comfort coupling qualitative and quantitative data and practical sense
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communicator, in both speech and writing
- Enthusiasm to join an entrepreneurial team and an environment that requires adaptability, comfort with ambiguity, and intrinsic motivation
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with clients and colleagues
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to travel 20-40% of the time