Director of Marketing
AVIA Health Innovation is currently seeking a Director of Marketing. This is a critical role at AVIA, and an opportunity to develop and execute a broad marketing strategy. You’ll need to be both a strategic thinker and a highly-productive doer. AVIA is enjoying continued success in the market, and we need a proven marketing leader to raise our game in several areas: branding, messaging, public relations, digital marketing, and social media. And since our marketing team is “lean”, you’ll need to bring skills in writing, content development, web design, and more.
The director will work with internal and external players, leveraging their skills and expertise to raise the awareness of AVIA as a thought leader in healthcare innovation. The director will work closely with the Client Operations and Business Development teams to further develop AVIA’s brand within our network and across the market. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a cross-channel content marketing strategy that translates business and marketing goals into meaningful content deliverables.
- Lead AVIA’s PR and media efforts to include the development of story ideas and the release/pitch to appropriate media outlets to attract interviews and articles.
- Create and/or manage content for AVIA, including press releases, blogs, infographics, videos, website and social media outlets by working with both internal and external content contributors.
- Lead the strategy, execution and editing of the quarterly and annual provider network and investor newletters/updates.
- Establish and report on key metrics to assess marketing effectiveness, including web traffic, PR activity, social media activity, and more.
- Establish and maintain brand standards in terms of quality, tone, style and grammar. Ensure corporate communications are consistent and professional.
- Manage the marketing/PR budget and negotiate contracts with third-party vendors.
- Act as a coach and mentor for other AVIA staff - including the development of talking points/speeches for senior level staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of healthcare marketing experience
- Experience writing about health systems or writing from the healthcare venture perspective is preferred.
- Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, english or other related communications field.Knowledge of important healthcare trends, including the transition to fee-for-value.
- Stellar writing, editing and proof reading skills - writing samples required.
- Experience developing and managing website content is required.
- Existing reporter relationships in the health system or venture sector.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of overseeing projects and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills to ensure deadlines are met and work proceeds.
- Strong people management skills – directing, motivating, clarifying, relationship building, resolving conflicts and articulating goals efficiently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment. A self-starter comfortable working independently and in collaboration with others toward shared goals and objectives.