Innovation Consultant Leader
Healthcare systems are making major moves to prepare for an uncertain future. They are reengineering clinical care processes, developing new capabilities in population health and risk management, partnering with new vendors and creating new ways to appeal to the needs of modern healthcare consumers. All of these changes represent innovations in care delivery. To enhance and reinforce health systems’ efforts in these areas, AVIA is increasingly asked by health systems for support in building their Innovation Capacity and process infrastructure to support innovation. The Innovation Consultant Leader, will be charged with leading project based engagements with forward-leaning health systems to identify leading innovation practices and to recommend organizational processes to accelerate results.
The Innovation Consultant Leader will be accountable to:
- Lead engagements and managing senior leadership relationships within health systems.
- Manage AVIA’s knowledge of cutting-edge innovation practices and monitoring the innovation landscape.
- Evaluate provider members’ current capabilities and creating baseline understandings of their capacity to innovate.
- Facilitate discussions and interviews among senior leadership within health systems to craft a vision and execution plan for innovating.
- Serve as a thought leader on innovation capacity best practices.
- Ensure Innovation Capacity engagements position clients to successfully participate in other AVIA offerings (i.e., cohorts, rapid results)
- Build AVIA’s Innovation consulting practice, including the hiring and management of staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideal candidates will have previous management consulting experience in healthcare and have familiarity with organizational design and/or innovation practices.
- Deep experience in healthcare, preferably in the provider space, either directly or as a consultant or vendor to the industry.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to interact with healthcare c-suite as the ‘level of thought’ partner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and keep projects within scope/budget.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills with the ability to create compelling client deliverables (ppt, word).
- Interest in and/or experience with innovative technology-enabled healthcare solutions (e.g., digital health)
- Comfort working and taking initiative in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel 35% of the time is required