AVIA is a healthcare accelerator dedicated to helping healthcare providers with the successful implementation of emerging technology-enabled products and services. AVIA’s mission is to advance the innovation agenda of its provider members while saving them time and resources. As an extender to its members, AVIA identifies, evaluates, selects and supports the implementation of the best solutions aligned with their needs.
Operating in a fast-paced small business, the Executive Assistant will have the opportunity to be very involved in many areas of our growing, exciting business and will report directly to the Operations Manager, but will also be responsible for providing support to other executive team members. The successful candidate is likely to have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum or 2-5 years of business experience, including some administrative support.
- Arranges and communicates detailed travel plans and itineraries.
- Compiles staff expense reports and prepares for monthly client billing.
- Supports meeting schedules and calendaring.
- Understands needs and prioritization of groups based on relationship to/with AVIA. Able to prioritize and serve our members, prospects and advisors.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and action items for meetings.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information with a high level of professionalism.
- Develops and maintains internal relationships and uses internal resources to enhance knowledge and expertise of industry, research, products and services.
- Support additional sales, PR, marketing and HR needs, as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality. Able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Interpersonal skills—maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Confidentiality -- must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Computer literacy -- must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)