Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing
AVIA Health Innovation is currently seeking a Director of Marketing. This position is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategy as well as creating content that drives greater brand/network awareness, lead generation, customer loyalty and interactive dialogue. The Director is responsible for AVIA’s branding, marketing, public relations and communications management. The director should think like a journalist/editor and lead the development of compelling, high-quality content to include AVIA press releases, blogs, infographics, videos, website and social media outlets.
The director will work with internal and external players, leveraging their skills and expertise to drive measurable results. The director will establish and report key metrics including impact on lead generation, number of total impressions, search rankings, website page views, media coverage, etc. The director will work closely with the Client Operations and Growth & Development teams to increase awareness of AVIA’s network. Kew responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a cross-channel content marketing strategy that translates business and marketing goals into meaningful content deliverables.
- Lead AVIA’s PR and media efforts to include the development of story ideas and the release/pitch to appropriate media outlets to proactively attract interviews and articles.
- Create and/or manage content for AVIA, including press releases, blogs, infographics, videos, website and social media outlets by working with both internal and external content contributors.
- Lead the strategy, execution and editing of the quarterly and annual provider network and investor newletters/updates.
- Establish and report on key metrics to assess marketing effectiveness, including impact on lead generation, numbr of total impressions, search rankings, website page views, media coverage, etc.
- Establish and maintain content standards in terms of quality, tone, style and grammar. Ensure corporate communications are consistent and professional.
- Manage the marketing/PR budget and negotiate contracts with third-party vendors.
- Act as a coach and mentor for other AVIA staff - including the development of talking points/speeches for senior level staff.
- Serve as the company’s content marketing expert by maintaining a pulse on the latest issues, technology, developments and trends in content marketing and social media.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of content marketing experience and 3+ years of journalism, writing and/or editing experience.
- Experience writing about health systems or writing from the healthcare venture perspective is preferred.
- Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, english or other related communications field.
- Stellar writing, editing and proof reading skills - writing samples required.
- Experience developing and managing website content is required.
- Existing reporter relationships in the health system or venture sector.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of overseeing content projects and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of current best practices of marketing communications and programs within the healthcare sector.
- Strong project management skills to ensure deadlines are met and work proceeds.
- Strong people management skills – directing, motivating, clarifying, relationship building, resolving conflicts and articulating goals efficiently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment. A self-starter comfortable working independently and in collaboration with others toward shared goals and objectives.